This weapon was made in Versaille from 1802 on, for the Imperial Guard. The blade was produced in Klingenthal, whose name is engraved on it. With a scabbard made of wood, blackened leather and brass, this weapon is perhaps the most typical of the Napoleonic era. It was used by the Chasseur à cheval, and the lancers.
Length : 105 cm